Saturday, February 18, 2012

Homemade Laundry Softener

Well I was on a roll today. So I figured to make this laundry softener. Rather amusing story if I do say so. I began to wing this which I will seriously advise you read the directions first. Needless to say 3 soaked towels later I went to read the directions. Water, then baking soda MIX. Slowly add vinegar. Nice go me LOL. Instead of a scent profile I used the last bits of the softener in the bottle. I will add a scent the next time.

Ingredients needed:
Bottle
Spoon
Water
Baking Soda
Vinegar
Essential oils, or natural scent of your choice.



In the previous photo I added the pic of the baking soda, vinegar which was supposed to be for this experiment.
Vinegar 3.15
Baking Soda 2.89

Enough to fill a regular sized Snuggle container [64oz][24 loads]
Total amount to fill container
Vinegar .39
Baking Soda .36
Water.....[really I have no clue how I would figure this?]
Total .75/.03 a load

Know here comes honesty. We all consider ourselves good shoppers, but can we get softener for .75? If we had double coupons here...certainly I am sure I could, but it has been a long time since I have gotten softener for less than a buck...that I like. So another experiment this is. We have an HE machine, and it always smells horrible after towels. I hope this will work on getting the scent in the basin down, and some more cost!

RESULTS TO COME......

No comments:

Post a Comment