Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tofu Jerky

Most of my family has added their opinions on my newest Tofu experiment which comes at you from all directions. Most of the responses end in laughter, but I have them thinking. I have left the seed so to speak. Now I can rant and rave all I want about healthier eating, but tonight I ate a lovely Skinny Bar and to be honest not feeling so skinny. All in all this tofu was something I knew I could get DH to try. So here is the low down..



All day I heard this "Man that smells good", "Is it done yet I want to try it." After the eight hours of loving this tofu got did it pass the test?

 

Straight from the oven, and I mean straight still steaming DH began to chow. This is as if another revelation in this household. My husband thinking this was meat! [Just like the Splenda I have been mixing in the sugar for years? The sugar-free candy I used to pass off as the real thing.] Oh yes this was looking good. So all in all this recipe looks great. I need a bit of tweaking with the recipe because to me it needs a bit more oomph. Teriyaki flavor is a serious possibility. For now I am going to let this get a bit less sticky and try it again. Also I have a convection oven and I am not sure I needed those 8hrs I could be wrong.

Anyone have any tofu recipes that have made their family in awe?

To Sarah....still as yet that is some killer looking tofu jerky. I will save some for ya. Maybe can it? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, if you can it, I will let you know how the dog liked it! LOL! It doesn't look too bad appearance wise, but just the thought of tofu jerkey...GROSS!! Not my thing! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we cooked it too much. So it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. It wasn't chewy...more crisp. So will try it again a bit different!

      Delete