Saturday, January 28, 2012

Produce Trip for the week

I am the biggest sucker for produce. I will admit I adore a good deal, but produce is my savings breaker. So I save other ways to have awesome produce...makes sense to me! In efforts to keep my monthly menu fresh I tend to live in the produce market lol. Here is my little trip for this week!

2 eggplant over 3lbs marked down 1.50 [for homemade burgers we made]

5 zucchini [forgot to weigh them :P] 1.29

1 iceberg lettuce for wraps this week .99

2 Daikon radishes [to pickle for the wraps & can] 2.57

1 Cucumber .33

1 Hass Avocado [nomnom] 1.00

1 Rome Apple [for salad etc] 1.02

1 bag Spinach 2.49

1 Plum Tomato .24

1 package Arugla 1.99

Total 13.42



This week my shopping trips were slim as I am trying not to spend to much, and use some of our stockpile. I also went to Aldi's and bought 2 gallons of milk for 2.89e bringing totals for this week $21.20

No comments:

Post a Comment